Search This Blog

Sunday, October 9, 2016

#NYXBONITA Event

A standalone NYX cosmetics store has opened up at my local mall and promoted its opening event that my sister had informed me about. I personally was never the hugest NYX fan but when you are searching for dupe items or items to mix in with all the other cosmetics you have, why not check what they have to offer. I have only ever seen NYX at drugstores and Ulta and had actually purchased some items recently during ULTA’s sale on NYX items but unfortunately it was pretty picked over on some raved about items I was looking for.


All the spoils from the event.

The event itself was promoting a freebie bag that would be for the first 250 customers in line on October 7th, 8th, and 9th. My sister and I went on Saturday the 8th and made the 250 cut and each received a lip shaped zip bag that had a scratcher and intense butter gloss in “Spice Cake”. They also handed out cookies made by Cousin Cookie to guest waiting out in line and shopping inside. We waited maybe 15 minutes or so in line before we were allowed in store to shop, which was pretty packed even though they were only letting a few guest in at a time. The shop itself is not very big but it is nicely sectioned into face, eye, brow, nail, and lip products that made it very easy to find what you are looking for. I decided to make a list by looking at their products online to make my shopping trip quicker and easier and it definitely helped since I found pretty much everything on my list besides 1 item but was given a recommendation on another item that may work in its place.


Our scratch cards, $5 off a $25+ purchase and free cosmetic bag (We got a mirror though, haha)


Who doesn't love FREEBIES! The train case was free as well with $75+ purchase.


NYX Be Gone Lip Remover $5.00
NYX Wicked Lashes WL 21 On the Fringe $7.00
NYX Wonder Stick $12.00
NYX Proof It! Waterproof Eyeshadow Primer $7.00
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk $4.50
NYX Lip Liner in Mauve $3.50
NYX  Suede Matte Liner in Stone Fox, Los Angeles, Amethyst, and Sand Storm $4.00
NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Chocolate $10
NYX Ombre Lip Duo in Ginger and Nutmeg $12.00

 Overall it was a cute little event to promote the store, the day I went there were plenty of people shopping and purchasing. It will be interesting to see how well they do since JCP Sephora and MAC are right across but when you’re not looking to spend an arm and leg on lip liner and makeup remover, NYX has some pretty affordable products with a great color selection.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments! I'm so happy to receive them and I'll do my best to reply.